· Jackrabbit is the standards-based (JSR-170) content repository that ships with Liferay.
· By default, Liferay is configured to store files on the local file system.
· This will not work in a clustered environment, because all the nodes need to be able to access the repository.
· For this reason, we will configure jackrabbit on both nodes to store documents in the Liferay database, and then we will enable its cluster configuration.
· Liferay ships with the database and cluster configuration available, but commented out, so all we will need to do is comment out the default configuration and uncomment the database / cluster configuration.